12.02.2015

50 - Advent Calendar

I actually wanted to make an advent calendar last year but time got away.  But I got it done this year.  We opened the first two already.  Jones first reaction yesterday was "more". And he kept pointing to the calendar pouches which are hung in the living room.  
I made the pouches from felt and buttons.  They aren't sewn perfectly but they will be easy to replace if one goes missing or something.  They are all different sizes.  I hung them with ribbons and twine from my grandma's old stash. And I decided to hang them off of Dustin's old Hebron Walking Stick because let's be real he's not taking it walking in the woods.  I filled them all with little small toys and treats and some have cards in them that say things like "date with just daddy" or "make the gingerbread house" or "go pick out a Christmas tree".
So far they are a hit jones got a painting kit tonight and he is most impressed even not opening the paint part he's been fake painting Dustin's toes and the side of the sofa with the brushes.  

No comments: