6.05.2010

$3

I spent all of three dollars out yard sale-ing and thrifting with my friend Kelli and her daughter Lucy - it was rainy and humid but that didn't stop us from finding some deals.

First I spied this plate that is a match for the ones I have that were aunt toots's - it was $0.50 and even though they only had one I bought it - it's churchill dinnerware and seems to be pretty durable and it's pink - so now I have 4 matching plates.
Then while at the thrift store I saw these boxes of A2 envelopes and while I don't really have a need for 1000 envelopes at $0.50/box I couldn't resist getting all 4 - mom do you need any envelopes? The white is more of a cream now but they still stick.
And now for my silliest purchase of the day...
yup I bought this old school desk for $.50 too it was supposed to be $8 but since it was green day and had a green sticker at the salvation army thrift store it was actually $.48. Before jono even reminds me we don't have anyone to sit in it - it was so cheap, in good shape, and adorable - so I didn't care. So until there are any little joneses it will just hang out lonely in my extra bedroom.
Kelli found some clothes and toys for lucy and i think she spent less than $10 - so it was all around good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can definitely use envelopes for card swaps!!
Love that plate and little desk.

Katie said...

I'll send you some when I get back from Boston this week. I've got more than enough.

thea said...

Wow! You rock!!

Unknown said...

yay!! great finds!! love the desk :) what to come to ohio one morning and come saling with me?!?!

Anonymous said...

I stopped in the house yesterday to get some clothes and saw this and wondered where the hell it came from! I knew I could find the answer on here. =)

Mandi Johnson said...

The plate is so cool! I used to have a desk like that when I was little. I did homeschooling for a bit, and it was fun "playing school," but then I still had to take tests and such, so it wasn't as fun any more. :)

Anonymous said...

I am still wondering what you are going to do with that desk, but I have to admit 50 cents is a bargain. - Kelli