6.19.2010

Indy Blues Baseball

Jono is playing 1860s baseball with my friend Rich on the Indianapolis Blues Vintage Baseball team, this weekend they played in Garfield park - which is so close to our house so we came out for the tournament. It was really fun to see them play. Good job Jono sorry we missed your game winning play - we needed to cool off at the pool. Vintage baseball is super fun with no mitts, fun uniforms, different rules and sometimes - no sliding (yes jono no sliding - he likes to slide). Jono's nickname is shawshank has he doesn't have his uniform yet and wears navy uniforms which looks like a prison uniform. Anyhow of course with the triple header there were pictures - we wouldn't have it any other way. So without further ado...
Jono was attacked by a caterpillar during a break. Isn't it vicious
This is my friend Rich - he has the uniform already as he's been playing for a while now. I think he's looking at a pop ball.
Jono running the bases - could the day have been any less perfect - blue skies some clouds, a breezy. Lovely although probably not as much for the players.
Here's Jono running to first.
and more running same old form
And batting or getting a strike
more running
Good Game - they won the first game by a landslide - I like like 20 points.
Jono hitting - look I actually got a picture with the ball
And here is his scoring or maybe this was before he was tagged out.
Jono on second base - I love how cute the pitcher is getting ready for the pitch.
And one more just for good measure.
More base running
More hitting - don't you love that bat too?
Good Game
Or should I say huzzah huzzah!
Jono I'm so glad you joined up on the 1860's baseball with Rich I think it's the coolest!

No comments: