6.24.2010

Recipe - Pineapple Pico De Gallo

Yesterday I had been having a hankering for some mexican food so I thought - I would make something. I had read the Pioneer Women's recipe for Pineapple Mango Salsa; however the grocery across the street of course does not carry Mango so I thought of her Pico De Gallo - and I thought what about a interesting combo of the two? So I adapted and came up with this - which is ever so yummy and let me tell you the onions and cilantro were grown by yours truly - yup me! I'm so proud of myself (can you tell).
  • 5 Roma Tomatos
  • 1 Onion
  • 3 whole Jalapeno Peppers
  • 1/8-1/4 of cup of Cilantro
  • Juice from one Lime
  • 4-5 slices of canned pineapple (I know the horror)
Directions -
1. Chop everything except lime dump in bowl
2. Slice in half and juice the lime in the pico.
3. Mix up
4. (Optional) Refrigerate for like an hour to get the juices melding

Doesn't it look yummy! Thanks Pioneer Women.

No comments: