1.25.2013

#20 Pinterest Project with Kathleen - Chevron Canvases

When I added #20 to my list I knew it was a sure thing because Kathleen and I like to craft together we actually have Pinterest folder online so we can pin projects for the two of us - which actually makes it hard to just do one.
Anyhow we decided to make these canvases (by Promise Tangeman) because we had everything in our stash already - paint, magazines, mod podge, tape and canvases on hand. Here's what we did note that we are experts because we are not.  The actual instructions are better than mine for sure.
1. Paint base coat on canvas
2. Cut interesting images into triangles of about the same size. I went with words Kathleen with rap and popstars.
3. Lay them in a zig zag/chevron fashion to your liking.
4. (Trace and/or) just tape of the triangles you want to paint. (I skipped tracing this extra wonk to mine).
5. Paint inside triangles taped.
6. Mod podge paper down.
7. Cover with another coat of midge podge.
8. Hang on wall. Boom!
Even though they are not perfect I love them and it will add a new punch to the bedroom.







No comments: