1.27.2013

Madrona Road by Violet Craft - Not Zig Zag Quilt

IMQG is participating in the Madrona Road by Violet Craft challenge.  I was really challenged by this fabric - this is not really my choice of colors I prefer brighter and those with more pinks/reds.   But I decided to cut into it rather than run down the street to Crimson tate for the pink colorway (wedding budget - ugh).  I also made this baby sized using all fabric from my stash.
So following the challenge theme I thought "oh hey I will use a tutorial I saw once" and so this was supposed to be a "zig-zag" quilt but obviously I can follow a pattern right?  Does it look zig zag to you?  I guess not really so much!  
I had it all laid out on the floor right and then sewed it together all wrong, and when I noticed I thought I fixed it with that third row and jacked it up worse.  Hah!  I think I will stick to my "winging it" methods. 
It's quilted is in navy which I actually love I just freehanded a mimic of the actual design with the quilting.   Thanks so much to Violet Craft and Michael Miller for sponsoring this challenge it was fun. Anyhow it's now ready for a friends baby who's due later this year and heck it's my first finish of 2013!


picasa

3 comments:

thea said...

your not zig zag quilt is quite lovely. what does the zig-zag quilt look like? Love the back too. Way to go on your #1 finish!

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

I like it Katie.

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

I like it Katie! Great job. And it's a small quilt, how did you survive??