4.02.2012

Good weekend for Thrifting

Last weekend was a good weekend for thrifting it was overcast in the morning I made plans with Jono and Kathleen.  We were way late picking her up but we bought her breakfast and lunch.   We hit up some favorite hot spots like Salvation Army and some new ones like SuperValu and Gilley's and some random Flea Market - and I think we made a purchase at each stop.
I found many treasures including some I had been looking for like "Go For It" board game circa 1985 that JJ and I used to LOVE to play, and canisters for my flour, and sugar, and new end tables for the living room.  I also picked up some other treasures - like the Trump Board Game and Scruples and a handful of vintage sheets and fabrics.   Even Jono and Kathleen found some goodies.   My canisters are even vintage Pyrex (SCORE) thanks to Mandy of Something Monumental for the tip on Gilley's it took us on a nice tour of all things thrifty on the west side of town, which is an area we rarely visit.
FYI - My coffee tables deserve a post of their own so you can see the awesomesauceness happening in the bungalow living room.
Check out these Pyrex Canisters aren't they lovely?


Trump the game was BRAND new I had to remove the pieces from the plastic to open.  And hey Donald Trump still had hair.


Go For It also is brand new.  Which makes me feel a little better because it's the MOST expensive board game in my collection at $8.
picasa

3 comments:

Anna said...

You Can have it all!
what a fun weekend you guys had. I not so much! But I did catch up on sleep and get to curves as well as watch basketball.

Mandy Crandell said...

Yay! So glad you found some stuff at Gilley's. Isn't that place incredible... and huge? I need to check out some of the other places around here.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

thea said...

Good finds. Looking forward to the post about the end tables. There's a board game I've been thinking about but I can't remember the name -- maybe your mom does. It had pirate ships and yellow fever and boats and water ...