7.06.2012

Another Year Older & I have the BEST friends

I celebrated my birthday on Sunday (well really I kicked it off with a concert on Saturday). I did it up in ridiculous awesomeness with a breakfast feast, church, pool party, citigroup with a party, karaoke and then a trip to steak and shake. Yes that's right it was a marathon day.
Can I just say it's awesome getting older and my friends are THE BEST.  They filled my day with all of my favorite things - hot dogs, god, worship, cupcakes, songs, cream cheese icing, swimming pools, karaoke, laughter, super awesome gifts like a bike rack, books, new wallets, vintage board games and mystery theater gloves.    And I must say taking 15 adults sans any kids to the swimming pool with a splash park and water slide is hilariously awesome - it's more fun than you think it will be.  And then singing songs and dancing at Karaoke was a perfect way to follow that up - I'm not sure I laughed that much in years.   I'm so thankful for my friends and this awesome life, I'm pretty sure I don't deserve to have this special of a birthday but I treasure the opportunity all the same.    Big THANK YOU to Amy, Britt and Kathleen and to everyone else who came or wished me happy birthday for you truly do make me feel special and loved.

picasa

8 comments:

Janice said...

Enjoyed your post and am definitely going to try your lemonade recipe. It has to be better when you drink it from a mason jar!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I think it is so much fun to do kid stuff when you are adult. I am a bit hungry now, so all of your celebration food looks wonderful. Glad you had a wonderful day.

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday. Looks like an awesome party!

Mandy Crandell said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! It looked so awesome! A friend and I are talking about going to the waterpark this weekend.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Shay said...

Happy Belated B'Day Katie. You DO have awesome friends because those celebrations look fantastic!

Glad you had a great day full of wonderful things and experiences.

thea said...

What a wonderful favorite .. birthdays and good friends. What more can you ask for?

Jodie said...

I am so behind on reading your blog. I will try and get better now that we are getting settled into the new house.

Anna said...

The only thing missing was your mom and brother Jay. We will have a birthday part two in Gettysburg.