7.24.2012

Oh Vacation 2 - To Yosemite or Bust


I was thrilled when Karen said she would accompany me to Yosemite before meeting up with the girls in Reno.   She is very much like me when she travels and anything goes.  We were the perfect road trippers and I really loved the moments where park rangers were not helpful, we had dead cell phones and no idea where we were staying,  riding shuttlebuses with smelly men, as well as trekking thru redwood forests etc.  Thanks so much for accompanying me, Karen let's do it again soon.
Yosemite is awesome!  The views are breathtaking.  It's truly an awesome place god has created and I would have liked to stay longer and soak in more of it's awesomeness.  We did do a little hiking despite my still ever present chest congestion, we saw the redwoods, we saw the sunset, and el capitan.  one of the biggest shockers to me was how few animals we saw in the park we saw a handful of birds and a handful or squirrels.  I figured we'd see much more after my wild west roadtrips but alas I guess not.  Anyhow enjoy a few photos which do not do this place justice.























PS. I am also counting this as a momo hike as I took a video and sent it to her. I also brought her back a rock. picasa

2 comments:

Mandy Crandell said...

Oh, so gorgeous! What amazing views.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Jodie said...

Love the photos. While in church last Sunday, the pastor mentioned the redwoods. Logan leaned over to me and said "hey, isn't Katie Jones there?". Even the Logster is keeping up with ya.