6.05.2014

Crafty Project - Homemade Crib Skirt #babyburf Nursery

The nursery is almost done.  Which I consider a accomplishment since it's been drawn on for the last 4 or so months.  We just need to get him a hamper and pick up the dresser Kathleen is giving us.  Final photos coming soon.  But in the meantime here's a little share of the crib skirt I sewed from $5 worth of clearance houndstooth fabric from hobby lobby's. 


I made it simply by sewing four rectangle panels.  Adding ribbon to attach it and then tying it onto the crib.  The rectangles are 50x7 and 25x7 and I merely sewed the hems to make them washable.  I didn't even bother with ironing and making sure they are perfect retangles since you can't tell when it's in the crib.  A simple project with nice results.  Kathleen thinks it's a little busy since the crib sheets aren't solid but I think it's fine.  I don't mind having an extra pop of pattern.  And with that as well my #26 4 crafty projects are done.  And no doubt I'll make another 4 before the end of the year as well.  

No comments: