12.21.2010

10 Days of Christmas - Tuesday Tutorial on Marshmallow Making - Day 7

 Day 7 - It's Tuesday!  And this will probably be the last Tuesday Tutorial I post this year.  Anyhow I've been making marshmallows for Christmas presents and I thought I'd share with you my process.
1.Put on your apron and pearls!  (okay so these aren't real pearls but I found them and thought it would be fun to wear.  The apron however is a must because marshmallow will attack you.
2. Follow this recipe - Yes I know it's Martha Stewart but it's the bomb I tried three different ones and this was by far the best.  When it says to spray with Pam I recommend highly that you find the the Baking Kind of Pam.  If you have never used this stuff - it's awesome works like Pam smells like baking bread - I love it. Also you'll want to spray your mixer with Pam being careful not to spray any inside just lightly coat the bottom.
3. If you follow that recipe you will find yourself boiling water, sugar and corn syrup and mixing it with a squid whisk until it boils.  You should really follow that recipe to a T. 
4. Your mixer will start to get marshmallow consistency in the beaters. And then the marshmallow will ATTACK your mixer and short it out.  (this actually did happen to me, but don't fear mixers are like $10 and new ones can be procured).
5. When it's in the pan ready to be covered with saran wrap I recommend adding some chocolate chips.
6. Somewhere in that recipe you cut your marshmallows - I put mine in a big pryex bowl while I created packaging.
6. To create packaging gather some stamps, ink, and scrap white cardstock.  Stamp on your design in a assembly line fashion. I chose to call my marshmallows "Jones & Co Mellows" because well I thought it was clever.

 7. Add marshmallows to cellophane bags and fold over then staple shut.  Ta Da!  Marshmallow perfect for your friends and family.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yummy! I think the best part is the pearls and apron. Oh, Ilike eating them too.

Jodie said...

I am proud to say that I was on the receiving end of these YUMMY treats! I think I will add one to my hot cocoa tonight. mmmmmmmmm