12.28.2010

Muir Woods National Monument

I'm on the west coast for a little vacation and the other day I went with my cousins and Aunt Thea to Muir Woods National Monument and we went for a hike on the Ocean View/Lost Trail.  It was very beautiful even though it was rainy in the woods.  The photos from my iPhone don't really do it justice I'll have to share some from the SLR soon. 
Muir Woods is near San Francisco so we drove thru the city and over the golden gate to get there. 
A view of the City.
Muir Woods is home to many 600+ year old redwoods that are 30 feet wide and 300+ feet high you need a super wide angle to really capture it. 



I took a few photobooth photos while we were there.



This is a Burl - it grows on the base of the tree and holds "seedlings" that will plant should there be a flood or forest fire and it naturally replants the forest.  These sprouts have a better chance of next to the parent tree. 

No comments: