5.10.2012

Running or Lack Thereof

Let's talk about running shall we.  
In early march I hit mile 100 for the year - I was on track to hit mile 366 in like August at that pace - and as of today I have 155.  In roughly the same amount of time I ran 100 miles I ran 55.   And my pace is off too in January my miles dropped to 10:25 however last week my mile time was 11:33 (granted its hillier here).  Either way I don't really feel so good about that.  I know that life happens and 55 in roughly 2+ months is still much better than last year and I am still on pace for 366 in 2012.  At some point life and extra work hit.  I had an infected cut, and I may or may not currently have some kind of chest congestion that I can't seem to shake some days I feel it others I don't - I thought maybe it was allergies but it doesn't seem to go away.   
Excuses aside I seem to have lost my stride and I want to get it back.  This week I don't even have my running shoes on the road as I needed space in the suitcase - so instead I took a really LOOONG walk which really just took far too long.  Anyhow here's to hoping I can find my stride and get my run on again. And just in case I need motivation.  My friends and I signed up for the Color Run in Indy in July.  
Run on Run on.


Photos of all things yellow seen on today's run.
picasa

No comments: