9.29.2012

5 Weeks Down...

I feel like I'm horribly neglecting my blog.  I love blogging and I have been trying to find the time to actually blog.  However I'm not making excuses I should have blogged earlier this week but didn't.  
I did do some awesome things recently like...
Ride the Ferry.
Shop at the world's largest store.
See the Statue of Liberty.
Eat at Shake Shack.
Visit Central Park.
Go to the top of the empire state building.
Stay in Times Square.
Have breakfasts with awesome views.
Shop in letterpress stores. 
Eat in hipster places.
Discover art in subways, alleys, streets and other odd places.

Wear a dress that matches the carpet. 
Find myself in sketchy parts of down.
Eat a Vietnamese sandwich. 
Buy a new sketchbook. 
Walk the Brooklyn Bridge.
Drive over two other bridges.
Learn about car services.
Go to the San Gennaro Festival.
Find some big things.
Talk about Seinfeld.
Walk walk walk walk around the big apple.
After 5 weeks - I feel a little less lost.  I navigate the trains better. I'm still trying to find my groove with this new assignment.  It's not even the work - I get this work.  I like it. They like me too.  But sometimes I find that I'm struggling to be grateful.  To be content.  To just be.   Enough whining though more exciting posts are coming as I'm on the verge of finishing a quilt this week among other things.









picasa

1 comment:

Shake Shack said...

Katie, thanks so much for visiting Shake Shack in your first 5 weeks in NYC. Our team loves meeting new guests! Hope you continue to have fun soaking up the city!

-Brandy, Shake Shack