9.14.2012

Airport Ramblings

I keep meaning to blog all week. I even logged in three times but never did it. So while I have some spare time (my flight is delayed). I thought I would start a post fill you in on life. I was going to just make this a to do list but we may go zip line tomorrow so that list will NOT get done. Imagine that. A few updates: 

  • No Sugar No Breads - I finished 13 of the 14 day cleanse cheating I think four times. Ultimately I gave up because it didn't make me feel any better ever the pro-biotic pills didn't help. I still don't feel great but I am not convinced that was the right diagnose. I made a doctor appointment for my next week at home and we'll see what they say. In the meantime hopping between Indy and NYC isn't making it better. The air quality in NYC is horrible in the subway an with all the window A/C so that adds an interesting dynamic. 
  • Running - I took my shoes out of my suitcase and took them to a running path the other night but I only ran about 1/2 a mile an was hacking up a lung. Previously mentioned congestion not really helping this goal. I think as of today I am at 190 miles! Behind behind. 
  • My summer goals - I need to do an official recap soon but I did well for the most part on them. I want to set some for the rest of the year too been thinking about that recently. Books - what can I say? I don't like to read. I renewed my library card with the intent on "checking" out audio e-books. I haven't checked out one. I did resume reading two other books though. I think I will be lucky to hit 20 books this year. 
  • My NYC Attitude - it still needs some readjustment Sundays/Mondays are the worst. I noticed this week part of my problem is a "loneliness" factor and not having a good set of friends established in NYC. This week I tried to combat this with attempting to meet new people and going new places. I found that many people wouldn't look me in the eye Or really just were not interested in talking. In the meantime I saw some new areas of the city and I got out my comfort zon. I think next week I may find a class I can take maybe yoga or some kind of crafting. I also am planning to get in touch with the city mission as its right near the office.
That's all my rambling for today. Onward and upward! (hopefully that means take off!))
picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how long are you in NYC? I guess I didn't realize it was a long-term type thing. Have you looked for Paul's brother?

Katie said...

This is a LONG assignment. I haven't been back over that way yet but maybe this week.