9.04.2012

Empire State of Mind

Last week before I headed home I got out and saw some more of the city hitting a few places I had not been to previously - Grand Central Station and the Empire State Building.  Both very touristy spots but my friend Jackie was down for being tourists and we enjoyed visiting with each other and going to these classic new york tourist spots.  The Empire State Building had EXCELLENT views and a very art deco feel; however the cost was a little pricey for just an hour.  And well Tom Hanks and Humphrey Bogart never met us up there.  Grand Central was busy with rush hour trains but still very beautiful.  It was a good evening it was good to spend time with Jackie.  It's funny how we both ended up in New York after our stints in Boston. 
Grand Central (both top and bottom).
 New York Public Library. 

Grand Central and the Chrysler Building.
 Jackie and I at the top of the Empire State building, this photo showcases my towering height.
 MOre Empire State Building
 And Since Earlier in the week I snapped a photo of the Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn.  So I did the reverse on the way out of town. 
picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

as always, looks like good times. Only been to the Empire State Building once - went to Rockefeller Center the next time; the line was shorter, don't remember the price.