9.24.2012

Dear Jackie and Lisa - Book 10

Someone should tell me to give up on this 52 books goal. There are just over three months left this year and I haven't even made it 1/2 way to my goal. Clearly I'm not a reader.  But still I truck along.  I finished up a iBook that I read on my phone recently.  I don't necessarily recommend reading this way nor do I recommend the book - This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald.  It was free and it's by an author of classical books on those lists and such.  And somehow it got downloaded to my phone so I read it.  Much of the book with it's odd poetry and jumping around made me want to just give up and never finish it.  But for whatever reason when I was bored on a plane or a train or wherever I kept reading it.  It wasn't horrible but it definitely wasn't my cup of tea.  I think my favorite part of the book was the quotes in the beginning - "Well this side of Paradise... There's little comfort in the wise" - Rupert Brooke  and "Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde - perhaps I should read their books instead??  Read it if you like however I say find something more interesting.  
Anyhow that puts me into double digits with my reading for 2012 so I'm pretty excited about that.
Happy Reading!
picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I think it would be hard for anyone to read 52 books a year, unless you had no other interests. So congrats on reaching #10.