9.05.2012

Ohio "Paper" Cup Winners

 For Labor Day Rooster and I went to Ohio for the the Ohio Cup Baseball Tournament. We first stopped off to have dinner with an old friend of his who's getting his life together and is a little rough around the edges.  His friend was tickled to be eating at Crackerbarrel with friends - it was not something he had done before.  But I'm so glad we did it because I think it made his day - nothing like a little good wholesome restaurant.
Then we headed to mom's with a slight detour because my tire needed air.  We got to mom's and played some Hand and Foot where Lita and I teamed up against Roost and Momo and naturally we took them with ease.
The next morning we rose ultra early to drive to Columbus.  The Blues played well in the Ohio Cup Vintage Baseball Tournament - they won the first two games and then tied in the last.  Rooster had several really good hits - I was mad impressed.  The team had a team meeting in which Dustin volunteered us take over updating the website - so look out for news and updates on that.  We also had dinner with the team afterward which was such a fun time.
Sunday we got to sleep in a little and then went to see my friend Jen and her family at their "new" house (gasp they moved in 3 years ago and this was my first time visiting).  Jen's family has grew as well since the last time I saw her and I got to meet her newest baby little Weston - who is giant wide blue eyes and ever so timid and shy (adorable).  It's crazy how fast her kids are growing up.  Dustin enjoyed playing football with Cohen who is energetic as ever.  Jen it was lovely to see you start blogging again already so I know what's happening with you!!
After that there were 3 more games which the Blues swept.  There is no winner for the Ohio Cup but we discussed it afterward and determined the team won the Ohio "Paper" Cup which was my soda cup.  I saved it in the trunk of the car - I may have to spray paint it and award it to the team.  We headed home after that.  It was a good weekend away and I'm so glad we had Monday to chill out because I needed that extra day before returning to NYC. 





picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

definitely paint the cup. Do something to make it look fancy. sounds like another busy crazy weekend. hope you're enjoying NY.

jen said...

wtg blues!! great seeing you and dustin :) (and funny you mention blogging... i JUST posted on fb that i am getting the itch to get back into it ;)