9.18.2012

That One Time We Went Ziplining

 So like back in May I bought this groupon to go zipline.  My intent was to get a big crew of friends together and go - well I was the ONLY one who bought one so we never went ziplining this summer.  But when I noticed it was expiring and suddenly my Saturday was free we capitalized on this adventure, just Dust and I.  It's was about 2 hours away near French Lick at a place called Lark Valley Ziplines.  It was a perfect day for ziplining (although maybe a little warm when you factor in all my nervous sweating).  We got there early afternoon just before a giant party of people.  They strap you into some harnesses - I'm terrified of heights so naturally I checked the clips and snaps like 100 times before we left the barn. 
 Dust however was all sorts of gungho.  As we boarded a tractor headed for the zip trail I had second thoughts I'm pretty sure my lunch was turning summersaults in my stomach.  We got a mini lesson and then started zipping.  Dust of course went first the majority of the time and went let go of the bar and twisted every which way.  I am pretty sure I just had mini panic attacks walking up the platform steps at each zip line. I thought it would get easier as we went but each time I was just as nervous if not more.  The funny thing is that it's totally safe and I felt totally safe mid-zip but still that fear of falling kicked in each time especially on the last zip which is 1,000 feet long and over a lake oh and included a drop from like a 3 story platform.  UGH!  I almost didn't do it I was so panicked but I did and I enjoyed myself for the most part.  Here's to crossing something off my list that terrifies me. 

picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

Look at you! so cool and brave and everything. I so would have gone with you and been even more terrified.

Mandy Crandell said...

That's awesome! I had the chance to do it in Mexico, but I was too scared.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/