10.26.2012

Looking Forward to Ace

It's no secret at least not on my blog that traveling to NYC hasn't been my favorite activity of 2012.  I'm still trying to enjoy it, more often than not I feel frustrated I'll get there.  When I learned we needed to be there the week of Thanksgiving too I was completely dreading it - travel that Wednesday is a NIGHTMARE.  But I want to make the best of this and try and be more grateful.  So I tried to think of something that could make this more enjoyable.
Flash-backward to a conversation with a friend about staying in some of the Boutique NY hotels.  There's one in Brooklyn with Bikes!  He wasn't a fan of this idea.  Sure I lose out on Marriott points and they likelihood of being upgraded to a suite is pretty much null.  But it's more about the experience right?  Perhaps it will make me feel less of a "suit" more like me. 
So I looked into it - I've wanted to go stay in the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs  pretty much since I heard about it's refashioned swim club awesomeness.  Well there's also one in NYC, sadly they don't have bikes and  it lacks the luster of a swim club and the venue of Palm Springs but I figured since I have to be there for a short week that I might as well try something new.   So I am all booked up the Ace Hotel in Midtown and I'm actually looking forward to staying there and using their Polaroid Cameras and photobooth and all that jazz.  If you know of any other boutique new york city hotels please let me know. 


1 comment:

thea said...

bummer. when do you fly in and out? I'll ask around about the boutique hotels.