3.27.2012

A Quilt for Mr & Mrs S. - Quilt #4

My friends Erica and Artie got married this weekend.  I really wanted to make them something special because I treasure their friendship.  So of course I made them a quilt.  I decided to make them a "cross" quilt - something similar to a red cross quilt but less plus sign and more cross, because of their faith which is ultimately what brought them together.  Their bridesmaids picked the colors which are colors from their wedding and actually as it turns out their favorite colors.  All the prints were from my stash and/or were scrap except for the gray polka dot so that's cool.  I improv pieced all the cross blocks with help from my friend Rachael who got my weird logic straightened out.  My friend Lindsay gave me the extra gray I needed to finish and Jenny helped by ironing blocks - thank goodness I have such great friends.  And then my friend Tisha quilted it for me since I was out of town the last 5 weeks.  You all are awesome thank you much!  I actually love the result and think I might make another one similar at some point after I finish off my other half finished projects. 
Oh and the bride and groom loved it.  Right before their left on their honeymoon I got a text from Erica saying it made her cry and they loved it.  This is my 4th finish of 2012 and I feel like I'm on a roll. 






picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job!

thea said...

Very nice finish! Love the quilt. I feel like a recognize some of the fabrics.

Mandy Crandell said...

Beautiful! Love all of the fabrics.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

The colors are great Katie. Love that it made her cry, perfect gift!

Anna said...

Beautiful and all the more so because it was a group project.