6.11.2012

Be Intentional - Basketball

Part of getting intentional this summer means getting out of my comfort zone.  So when talking to my friend Kemi I suggested we play basketball, even though I know any coordination/speed I had in my younger days is LONG since gone.  I sent out an email to my small group at church (aka Citigroup) and some other friends and we got together two whole teams to play ball in the park by my house.  
Everyone was at various skill levels, and very encouraging.  It was hilariously awesome.  I learned that adult Katie cannot keep her focus on the ball, game, or her man despite my best effort and encouragement from others, but I made one basket and best of all I had great time. 
Afterward the girls went out for some Pho and we just chatted it up catching up on everyone's lives.  Thanks so much to Artie, Erica, Jason, Josh, Jono, Bry-Town, Kathleen, Megan, and Kemi for coming out and for avoiding making fun on my wickedly horrible skill or lack thereof - I love you all.
(PS enjoy the photos I love their rawness and how you can see each persons personality in them - I only wish I had gotten photos of Erica guarding Artie).
picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

again, another fun Katie time! you are amazing and daring ..