6.22.2012

Movie - Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Having home time this year has meant I get to see a whole lot less movies - going to movies once a week or every other week may be a thing of the past.  Not that I mind because I can fill my evenings with other activities, but sometimes a girl just wants to go to the movies and get expensive popcorn and see things on the big screen so when my friend Julie wanted to see a movie, I said lets do it.  
We picked Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, partially because of the time it was showing partially because we didn't want to see the other movies.  And we weren't disappointed.  It's an adorable story about a "retirement home" in India.  It's light hearted and funny and I must say I do love a movie about old people - who wants to rent Driving Miss Daisy or Cocoon with me - anyone?  ;)  Anyhow I did enjoy the movie and it made me want to visit India even more than I already do although I have to say I'm pretty sure that behavior of the Indian mother in the movie is NOT what it's like in Indian cultural but I could be wrong.  It also made me feel blessed to have many Indian friends who have taught me so many things about Indian culture.  Anyhow it's worth paying $10 + $10 for popcorn to see and I'd even rent it when it comes out. 


picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I think we'll have to wait for the DVD here because it's only playing in one place that I'm aware of, but who knows.