6.04.2012

Cats Wearing Shoes a Quilt for Kathleen

I'm excited to say I finished this one just a month after my friend Kathleen's birthday.  Kathleen picked out this fabric with me one day when we were thrifting - I of course was like "when will I need cats wearing shoes?"  to which she exclaimed "when you make me a quilt".  
So I set off attempting to use this print - I discovered very soon that I was not excited about "fussy cut" prints, however I found a way to make this work and I must say I like this quilt much more than I thought I would.  Extra "white space" really made me jazzed about it.  Fabrics are Robert Kaufman + the Cats Wearing Shoes which was a Burlington Coat Factory Sheet circa probably 1985.  All the binding was from scraps both of the fabric used in this quilt as well as leftovers from others.  I'm pretty sure Kathleen loves it and can't wait to cuddle up in it.  Thanks to Dustin for holding the quilt up for her as it's much bigger than she is.  Happy Be-lated birthday Kathleen. 




This makes quilt #5 for 2012 and I have two others near completion as well. picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I love this quilt! I remember these cat in shoe prints. I may have had some of these sheets even .. probably before 1985 (but I'm not sure).