6.01.2012

Favs of Friday - Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper and I have a real love hate relationship. I LOVE it. It's high up on the list of things I love.  I love it especially from the fountain with those crumbling like ice cubes that are sort of crushed shavings - but mostly I don't mind if it's not from the fountain it's just as lovely from the can.  I also HATE it because it's packed with way too much sugar and caffeine it's horrible for me and when I drink it I just want more of it. I actually have given up soda and dr. pepper for several years at a time.  Even when I wasn't drinking it I still enjoyed the smell of it and could recall it's refreshing taste.   I always find myself wanting it again.  Recently I gave it up again but it came back again - so I'm trying to drink it in moderation instead.   But suffice to say it's a favorite and thus it's today's.  Other favorites can be seen here.

picasa

6 comments:

Kate said...

Dr. Pepper is one of things it's easy to have love/hate feelings about. I love it too, but have given it up for the most part. Every once in while though you just have to have one.

Anonymous said...

i thought maybe what you didn't like about it was that you frequently can't get it out, because so many places don't carry Dr. Pepper. Good luck with the moderation..

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Oh yes! DP... mmm. I have diet DP occasionally to make me feel better but well, it's still bad for ya. ahhhh

Shay said...

Dr. Pepper never really took off here so they stopped making it . However you can still get it in cans at a few places and I do the happy dance whenever I see it. That stiff is addictive!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I really love Dr. Pepper, but I don't think I've had it for years! It does have a ton of caffeine, and I'm not much of a soda drinker in general - but if I had to pick my favorite, it would be Dr. Pepper, with Cherry Coke a close second :)

good luck keeping your habit in moderation!

Michelle Ridgway said...

No I tried it once and I have to say I am not a fan. My favourite is brewed ginger beer....