A Quilt to Match the Nursery

I finished the quilt to match the nursery this weekend as well - this was actually the second quilt I made our little guy.  It came together so fast.  I love when that happens.  The top is assorted black.white prints with little blue farfalle bowties these are simple blocks.  The prints on the front almost look blurry with all the variation of bold prints. The binding is two fat quarters from with a stack I purchased like two years ago. The green is a little more lime than the nursery green but it was in my stash, and I plan to reuse some lime green baskets from the studio on his shelves.  I backed the quilt in leftover striped ikea fabric that wasn't used in pillow making last year.  I  quilted it in straight lines in blue thread.  
It still matches the nursery.  And it currently covers that our baby still needs a mattress.  As I finished this one so quickly it seems that perhaps baby quilts should be made more often. I may actually make him more quilts so we have one fir each month or something. 

1 comment:

thea said...

What a great quilt!