8.09.2010

I want to remember the Jones and Co Family Vacation - Part #4

I want to remember the roadside water falls.

Paul wants to remember his belly.

I want to remember discovering new lighthouses, and finding singing sand beaches.
I want to remember making blueberry syrup and jam.
 I want to remember our cute cabins on the lake.
I want to remember sunsets in martha's cove.
I want to remember the agate shop, the telephone pole, the eagle harbor beach.

I want to remember roasting smores.
I want to remember the jam pot and jacobs falls.
I want to remember eagle river and the trip the ruins we couldn't trespass on.
I want to remember the pleasant surprise that cat harbor was and how those rock islands are much further than you think.
I want to remember getting up early to take a swim with my adventuresome brother.
I want to remember how neil and mary came to visit us, how we ate ice cream as big as your head, how we wanted to take a walking stick or two but didn't, and how we rode a merry-go-round with locals.
I want to remember how we sang and danced at the dreamland bar.

I want to remember our trip to jacobsville, our bonfire on the beach, our caravans, our encore and werewolf games in the evening, pick axe blond beer, late night laughs with my mom and sister and cool michigan evenings.
I want to remember all of this and more, but mostly just I want to remember spending time with my family in a special place.  Michigan 2010 was awesome and I look forward to many more Jones and Co family vacations.

No comments: