8.30.2010

oh the living room that never gets finished

sometime before 2011 I want to finish the forever unfinished living room.  (I'm sure you are all reading this and saying "finish it instead of blogging again women").
I wish it was that simple. I keep trying to figure out what I want it to look like - I know I want it to look lived in.  I've even been looking online for inspiration here's some of what I've seen that I like.
I like these throw pillows and the white walls (did I mention I painted mine white already)  but I'm not so wild about that sofa
I like the funk of this sofa but not so much that pattern, I need some funk.
(source lonny mag)
I love the color of this sofa - but I have pretty much ruled it out. 
source two elle.
I love the idea of yellow and bookcases but probably not with that blue, and bookshelves but I have like 5 books.
source

I need something that works with windows and a room that is always a walkthru.
(source design sponge.)
I'd like something that works well with my crate table I just finished. and maybe there's a cozy spot for me to work.  I'd also like some more crates so if you see someone getting rid of some score them for me.
(source design sponge)
And I want the photo wall to return and I need to have lots of storage (jono see this dresser is cool).
Source - Apartment Therapy.
And I want to make a quilt to keep in the living room.  
Oh some day I will have a living room that doesn't have tools hidden in the corner and people have sit in camp chairs.

1 comment:

thea said...

I initially thought the first picture was your living room -- but I couldn't remember there being french doors .. I'm a little slow. :)