8.21.2010

Quilt for Joshua (and Kara)

This week I got to see my friend Kara (Hi Kara!) and her new baby Joshua who is the tiniest little thing he's just 7 weeks old but since he was born 5 weeks early he's extra tiny.  But he's a little fighter and a good little guy (sorry I didn't take any pictures when I went to see them next time).  Anyhow since he was early I had to modify my plan for his baby quilt but I think I think the end result better than my original plan.  The fabrics are kind of an assortment of ones I have been collecting but they seemed to mesh well.
This is the front.  If you click to enlarge it you can see the cute turtle fabric I didn't take an up close of it sorry.
 
This is the back. Which I think I like more than the front something about those stripes.
Here is a close up of the quilting. throughout it I wrote different words in the stitching this is the upside down word baby.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Well done Katie!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the colors!

kellie: thelemondime said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors! and the stitching is great! btw- i saw your comment on my blog- do i know you? how did you find me? just curious! glad to meet a new blog friend!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the quilt. Joshua likes to use it in his pack and play.