8.11.2010

Around Indy

Thea and Paul came and hung out in Indy for a few days which was a staycation for me, and vacation for them. We took them to a few noteable sights.  Like the Soldiers and Sailors Monument downtown.  We even went up in the monument which is much improved since my last visit as the windows are MUCH bigger now and you can actually see out of them. The little shop though seems to be a bit sparse of Indy goodies but they did have some groovy hats.
We drove them by some other noteable sights like the upcoming location of Schreve's and A's wedding, the newly remodeled central library, my old apartment building, Schreve's place of employment, etc.  We ended up at the Art Museum next so we could take them to 100 acres.  I'm not sure what they thought of the park but I still think it's a pretty cool place.  My favorite sculpture being the benches around the park.  Oh and a little time to other 100 acre visitors try and park in the lot by the basketball sculpture off 38th street it's closest.
Then we hit Crown Point Cemetery where I'm sorry to say but President Harrison's gravesite is in a sorry looking state, it's a bit overgrown and is littered by gumballs from the tree nearby - it certainly isn't fancy by any means.  Even John Dillingers, Eli Lilly, Gatling, Morton, seemed to be in better order and some were certainly fancier that's for sure. But I am excited to report that this crosses #48 off my list from last year.
Then since we were attacked by mosquitoes we headed homeward to fix supper since Schreve and A were coming over.  Thanks for coming to see us Thea and Paul we enjoyed having you, you are welcome back anytime and you should seriously consider buying that house across the street.

No comments: