8.11.2010

Shawshank in Jasper

Went with Jono or should I say "Shawshank" play baseball in Jasper this weekend they had a double header as part of the german strassenfest that was in town.  There was a pretty big showing of random people who didn't know what vintage baseball was so that was fun and it was so funny that I was able to explain the rules and some of the terminology to them - I felt smart.  The Indy Blues played Belle River - they won both games Shawshank got several good hits and scored several runs for his team (can you tell I'm not really the book keeper?).  I got a sunburn that has already turned to tan (insert big happy face here).  Anyhow I tried to take more pictures but most of them are junk as I haven't quite mastered taking decent photos in peak sunlight and humidity - I feel like most of them have this haze to them, but I did try to photograph some of his other team mates as well although I kind of failed at that too as I didn't take one of everyone - DOH.
"Trouble" was the announcer/ump for the game.  Here is talking to the "cranks" (that's the crowd), the Belle River team is behind him.
Here's the bench - I don't know who that first one is but I think it's Jasper, Shawshank, and Mad Dog.
And Shawshank chatting it up with the third baseman.
Hitting - can you tell it's like 95 degrees and like 80% humidity?
More hitting this almost looks like he was bunting - he didn't.
I liked the bench.
Lining up for Huzzah's or annoucements.
Rabbit is my second favorite player after Shawshank of course, he's so happy and cheerful you can't help but like him.
Doesn't Trouble look great in his fancy get-up?
Jono and Jasper - I met Jaspers wife Maria, she shared her bug spray and we chatted
And here's someone scoring I think Limpy or Hawkeye - whoever was after Jono
Hopefully Jono's uniform comes soon I'm sure he can't wait to have one of those super cool hats.

No comments: