8.26.2010

Butterflies Sunflowers and Chicken and Dumplings

Remember when I planted my garden? Well it grew up really big and really tall. We used just a tad (maybe a teaspoon) of these seeds called the butterfly mix (I know super informative) but that's what the packet said.  And they grew wildflowers like crazy some are this giant sunflowers which I'm determined are out to get the mailman because they are one step from being able to knock him out good thing they are super strong and don't topple over like my roses.    Anyhow they really attract butterflies we have seen several different kinds getting their groove on with they flowers all summer long.  And Jono decided yesterday to snap a few of this butterfly which I think is a monarch.  I think the pictures turned out nice although some are little out of focus.
Don't you love butterflies? They just make you want to smile. Anyhow I also crossed something else off my list this week.  Make Chicken and Dumplin's for Ash aka #15.  I hadn't made them since my days with crackerbarrel but not to worry I still knew how to make them although next time I think I need to make them with buttermilk biscuits too.  Hopefully you enjoyed them Ash I know Jono did he took leftovers for lunch and said they stuck together so he had one BIG dumpling hehe.
Back soon with more happenings at the bungalow.

3 comments:

thea said...

great pictures! I've got to get me one of those really nice cameras!! The dumplings look yummy too!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I agree... butterflies make me happy! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the one from underneath the flower with the clouds.