6.18.2011

Chris visits the Midwest (Da Weekend Part 3)

Here it is the next weekend and I'm still blogging about last weekend. Well thus is life sometimes.  
Anyhow I got up extra early after our night out and like Speedy Gonzalez or Duff the cafe guy decorated a Penguin cake so I could jet to Dayton to pick up JJ and Chris.   This was Chris's first time to the Midwest for the first time this weekend (well aside from Chi-Town and probably airport layovers).  I think he might have been surprised about how flat everything was.  And he didn't even get to see the real serious flatness since we didn't have time for a trip to Indy. But we took him to lots of the spots we grew up including what used to be under the water tower and the cannon in Oxford.  We also saved someone in the parking lot at Walmart which is just so Midwesterner.  We had Jay's slushies, ice cream from UDF and grilled out at moms.  And we even somehow managed to figure out how to get 8 people up and ready for church at 9 with one bathroom - hello awesomeness of big families.  As always it was so good to spend time with our crew and it made me wish it was family vacation time in July already.  Anyhow enough ramble let's get to some pictures...
I think I have mentioned that we keep disguises in my car because you never know when you are going to need to hide yourself in a crowd or go on the lamb - well this is one of them.  This is my alter-ego Jane. 
 Here we are riding an un-proportional cow.
 JJ disguised as well JJ of 14 years ago.  (These glasses were his once upon a time and I'm certain he would like us to stop playing with them).
 Super Jones & Coers at Walmart here we are helping these people out.  Look at Chris working hard jumping this car.   (Oh wait we only let them borrow my jumper cables from my car - which mind you had never been used).
 I love this photo of JJ and Chris (to the Wall!)
 Oh and Max was there too.
 Chris having some skyline chili
 JJ and I joining him.
Chris and I staged some scenes for people of walmart while picking up last minute party supplies.  (This is where JJ pretended he didn't know us and probably rightly so).
 Look at how helpful my cables were we got this that lady in the flip flops home. 
Me and JJ (this is almost a cute photo aside from my sweaty armpits and those hairs of mine that feel like kicking it sideways).
And here we are doing the JJ.  Which is a photo where you cock your head and look at someone.
Proof we went to Liberty.
I don't know why but I liked this photo.  At some adventure or function I'm going to take all my photos from the ground even if people don't have heads.
We did a series of timer shots in the square in Oxford - sadly most of them look like this.  Half of us have narcolepsy.
Hands are misplaced.
Someone looks annoyed forgetting this is fun!
Or I just spoil it. Oh well.
Lita say thumbs up!
Despite the over exposure of this photo I like this one so I couldn't not include it in the set.

The final installment of Da Weekend Recap coming soon.
picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

Another great set of pictures, all with the result of making me wish .. okay I'll stop that. Glad you guys had such a great time!

Katie said...

I wish California was closer too! We could have grand times all the time. Xoxox