6.23.2011

Places I Go: Salem

I think I'm going to make a new series on here called "Places I Go" which will of course feature all these random places I visit in my travels or just random excursions.  I've been meaning to blog about Worcester for a while but then I took these random photos in Salem so we'll start there.
So the other night my friend SJ and KJ (me) went to Salem.  We wanted to check out the nightlife - which let me tell you is almost non-existent with the exception of all the random girls who seem to walk around in the worlds shortest shorts and/or dresses - I'm not kidding when I say we saw no fewer than 10 girls who seemed to be missing the bottom part of their outfits.   But we did enjoy a few good beers and some not so good wine.
Salem has lots of places to go here are a few some we hit others I'd been to before:  
  • Rockafellar - which is in an old bank with beautiful architecture well preserved, but is now used as a restaurant bar (they have live music on weekends).
  • Murphy's - which I could taken or left but it seemed to be a popular spot
  • Gulu's - I think that's right - I didn't get to go there this last time but they serve beer in the morning have random jam session in the middle of the bar and they won't let you order a bud lite (here's to more places like that)
  • Beerworks - This is an extension of those in Boston it's newly remodeled and the Dan's or Dave's that work there are great - we got our beer for free. 
  • Shoppity Shoppes - Sorry I'm not listing them all but check out the antique store on the main strip it has cool stuff.  There is also a fabric store, a bead store and a knitting shop which I can appreciate. 
  • Peabody Essex Museum - which is rather pricey but still an interesting place. 
  • Witch Sights - most of the real sights aren't in Salem but nearby but you should check the Seven Gables, and the Rebecca Nurse Home, skip the Salem Witch Museum as it's just the history of Salem and the witch trials not even well done.
  • Waterfront - Oh don't forget to see the waterfront area here too.  Salem is right on the water. 
Anyhow we had a nice time and I recommend checking out Salem if you are ever in MA and have time for more than just Boston. Oh and Sorry I didn't take more photos of the city.  I was much more interested in documenting the blueberry beers I was drinking. ;o)
This is the Sea Dog Blueberry
(Photo Removed SJ be glad we are friends otherwise I would have left it.)

Beers available right now at Beerworks

Remains of SJ's twin lobster's from Murphy's apparently it was good but you need to bring your own pick.

Hey Jackie you are missing lobster & beer!

I liked these little Monsters although I am now wonder why the one is wearing a diaper and mittens?
I think this the North Shore Light not another blueberry
picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I've been to Salem before, but I'm sure I never saw any of those ..