6.28.2011

June Goal - It's a Quilt

I had my doubts about getting this done, but I did some binding by hand in the car to make it work.  And now we have a quilt which is a goal completed.  For the record I do not really care for binding by hand I think I will keep with machine binding in the future.  This could have possibly been the simplest design ever I hacked off a triangle of 6 fat quarters, stitched them together and boom quilt top.  I love these colors and these fabrics together.  The Kate Spain Animal print is adorable, and I was able to use more of the insane amount of Denise Schmidt that I had purchased on this too - it was a perfect fit an unplanned happiness.   And then imagine my surprise when I found a yellow circus stripe to match for the binding hidden in my stash - delightful. 

I did the back also simple not sure what you call it - big piece, pieced strip, stripe, pieced strip, big piece and done! 

picasa

4 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

Congrats on a finish! Love that zoo fabric

thea said...

Super cute quilt! I know I'm crazy but I love doing bindings by hand ..

Mandy Crandell said...

It's lovely! So nice to have a goal completed!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

adorable!!!!! sooo cute :)