7.05.2011

Cincinnati Red Stockings & Shawshank is the Behind

A few weeks ago Shawshank, Smash and I went traveled all the way to Cincinnati (which if this was 1860 would have taken a day in our wagon).  The Blues were playing for at Sharon Woods. 
Shawshank (aka Jono) played the Behind which is the same as the catcher, but he tells me it's officially called the Behind in 1860's so you know we should get the lingo down. They played two teams the Cincinnati Buckeyes and the Cincinnati Red Stockings.  The Red stockings  - are the original Reds team's vintage team and I have seen at the Opening day parades among other places I'm sure. I was a little torn about who to cheer for since I am a Reds fan at heart.  But I was a crank for Shawshank and the Indianapolis Blues anyhow, because blood is thicker than roots (or however the expression goes).   They ended up splitting the games by beating the Buckeye's but losing to the Red Stockings. But huzzah to all three teams!  And Huzzah to my brother's debut as the Behind ;o)









This is one of my favorite photo from the day.  Jono the Behind in action.


picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

Way to go Jono! (and hooray for Katie and Ashley for driving all that way).

Jodie said...

I don't know how the guys play ball in this heat! (in those wool retro outfits, to boot!)