7.30.2011

Day of Random - Jones & Co Family Vacay Part 8

We originally intended to go to the beach in the town where mom and my dad originally lived when JJ was born but you know they charge $10/person to get past the parking lot so we called it a bust and did random other things.  Like a grist mill, lunch at the rod and reel and ghost tour etc.  It was a totally random day on the trip.  Now for some photos...
We saw the what was formerly the Largest White Oak.
Now it just looks like this.
It sits next to this little house formerly a school I think.
It was a pretty big tree, here's a remaining  cross-section.
We went to a grist mill.

JJ couldn't have worked there back in the day he's too tall for the doorway.
They had a corn meal sack from metamora on their wall.  We appreciated that.
My camera was possessed by ghosts on the ghost tour no joke - it wouldn't take any photos except lovelies like this.
Well except for this spider shot.
Spooky!
Chris went to town in the candy shop.  I want to know if he's going to eat all that candy.
Me and the Wye Oak (check out the crazed sunburn - I wish I had taken a better shot of it.
Cheese and Cracker at Rod and Reel
This is where the Joneses first lived pre-me being a twinkle in anyone's eye.
Isn't it lovely. Mom says it's all different now - times have changed in like 32 years.
Except the little house the joneses used to own - we knew it exactly when we saw it.  Almost looks like a cabin.  I didn't come until post this house,  but once upon a time JJ, Momo and Dad lived here.
picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I've seen the sign for the wye oak but never saw it. Looks like another good day.