7.25.2011

Upcycle - T-Shirts Into Beach Dress

So I cleaned out my t-shirt drawer a few months ago and really didn't want to toss out all this fabric or donate it to goodwill so I decided I can make a dress out of this.  And that's exactly what I did.  I cut squares of various sizes stitched them together with a zig zag stitch and then before I knew it I had a dress.  The hardest part was all the gathering.  The Zig Zag really gave the t-shirt knit a little character.  Anyhow I totally love it and it was perfect for our trip to the Ocean City.  Oh and best yet total cost $1.25 for the elastic - everything else I had on hand.  (sorry for the crappy photos I had literally just run out of the ocean for these photos.  And yes everything this dress is kind of asymmetrical oh and another selling point it can be worn there is no back and no front and it doubles as a skirt. 

Stay tuned for two other upcycles soon as well.
picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Cute dress... but I really love the big hat!