7.28.2011

We Interrupt These Vacation Posts for a Post About a Girl Who Needs a Bag

I got a new laptop and now I need a new bag. Sadly I have yet to find any that strikes my fancy.  Because I work in IT usually haul around my stuff in a backpack - but it's time to grow up and out of that - because well it's UGLY.  Anyway so I did some research about the kind of bag I want.  I'm thinking like an old school mailman's bag - I'd like it to be "pretty", have a good LONG strap I am tall, have pockets, and most of all be DURABLE.  This thing will be schlepped thru too many airports to count, it will be dropped, tossed, kicked, shoved, pulled, yanked and probably even karate chopped so it needs to be well made (thus why I cannot make it myself).  I did some internet searching.  But I kind of want to know it will haul my laptop + my gear before I buy it so I want to touch it before I buy damn the internet.  Here are some ones I like...
There's this Tweed Number from Stash.  I like Tweed
This one is just fun although I do not anticipate carrying this around but a small one would make a good go bag. From Manilla Extract
I love this "worn leather" guy he almost say who the F*&$ cares if your laptop fits - you want to look like a mailman buy me. From Copper River Bags
This guys is probably too skinny but I like the leaf design although the practicality for someone who travels weekly is not so much. From MoodSwingWear
And this green number - green is my favorite color.  I also like that it's called "Mango Tango".  From KoloBags
Ugh! This is too hard.
picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

What'd you end up doing about the bag? I'd offer to make you one, but I've never done it and I don't know if it'd turn out ...