11.09.2009

Blogging everyday is harder than you think...

Lucky for me Jonathan came up with a topic for the day and I'm so glad he did because it prompted me to search for "old school oxford photos" my first search returned all sorts of junk that was completely unrelated and then I discovered some super jems! I could spend all day looking at these - the are from Antique Dog here and Frank Snyder here.
These first few are from Antique Dog. The covered bridge I love the little people sitting in front.

Some teachers in front of King Library is it? JJ or mom would know.
A residential street I love the gas light and the swing in the yard.
From Frank Snyder's photo collection check out this parade in uptown I wish you could see the buildings better it's in like 1930 something perhaps grandma, ila and dick were present.
This is one of my favorites - the water tower you can see JJ and I below it some 80 years later here.
One of my favorite places to shop in oxford when I was a kid Snyder's Art Store - how cute was it back then.
Beech and High Streets do you think there was a horse sale?
Perhaps this was an dog days fair in 1913? But don't you wanna ride that ferris wheel?
I think this is uptown where the wild berry and burritos as big as your head is now.
I think I discovered a photos of someone I know is this Great Aunt Ila? Grandpa what does Grandma think?
Another one of uptown with a lovely parade of people in white. I think the buildings are those where TCBY and Hallmark used to be although I'm not 100% I need current photos to be sure.
That's all for now but feel free to check them out on your own they are beautiful.

3 comments:

thea said...

very cool -- I do think you're right that that is a picture of Ila. We'll have to send it to her and see if it is.

Jodie said...

cool post. My Grands grew up in Indianapolis, so finding small town charming pics like this would not be so. I'll have to do some looking around some time in the town I grew up in, Brownsburg. My Great Grands had a dairy farm there.

Katie said...

jodie too funny you say that because Indy monthly just did a article about old school indy postcards I will have to scan them for you to see.