5.09.2011

Oh Look What Spring Time Dragged In....

a finished quilt! Yes this is me doing a double fist pump here.  I have 5 quilts in progress right now so I am so excited I found the time to finish one.  Being put into a shotgun in that it was due on April 30th really helped me muscle thru and just finish it.  I got it done actually about 3am on the 30th.  
Anyhow this is my Robert Kaufman Challenge for the IMQG.  It was a super stretch for me to use all solids - I fought it tooth and nail I just love prints.   But I did it and it did not kill me.  I did decide I could use the plaid on the back and yes it's on of those Denise Schmidt prints everyone's talking about although in all honesty I didn't know anything about them and I bought 4 yards of it - I just thought it was pretty.  
It's slightly larger than a crib size but a little small for a picnic or lap quilt so I'm not sure what I will do with it.  Sadly I need to finish two baby quilts but they are both for boys and this is a little two girlie - if any of my friends are thinking about having a baby anytime make a girl and this could be yours and if not I'll just put it in the closet for a rainy day.
FYI if you want to see the other Robert Kaufman Challenge Quilts the guild made you should check out the IMQG blog here as I'm posting the finished products all this month and they are awesome!


picasa

3 comments:

thea said...

Wow!! I really like that -- nice quilting too!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous!!!!!!! wow. i love it!! and im getting just a little closer to wanting to start the quilt ive decided to do ;)

Jodie said...

nice job Katie!