5.21.2011

#49 New Soup - Random Blackened Chicken & Rice Soup

#49 on my list is to make a new soup. And tonight I was the night - I made a whole pot for just me of course most of it is leftover for tomorrow and/or later in the week. 

Ingredients: 
1 chicken breast blackened and chopped
1tsp olive oil
1/2 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup of wild rice
1 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 onion (I used red)
1 jalapeno pepper
1-3 oz of cilantro (I used some from my garden it was fantastic)
3 cups of chick broth 
3 cups of water
Pepper to taste

Directions
1. Chop Veggies
2. Saute onion in oil in the your soup pot
3. Toss in the peppers and saute for like 2 minutes to get the peppery taste flowing
4. Add in water, broth, chicken, chicpeas, rice on medium heat
5. Cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is cooked 
6. Add Cilantro and eat.

Best thing was I had everything already here and it was super fast and super flavorful.  I hope to make more yummy soups soon.

picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

way to go! crossing another one off your list!

Anna said...

I am tryig to feel up to riding up to indy for a visit today. Maybe your soup is the needed motivation!