8.12.2012

Au revoir Rendezvous - Hello Civic

So the Rendezvous aka Lou aka the Tank started having transmission problems. And when i took it in to be looked at my mechanic was like "yo girl I cannot put a transmission in this" - okay so he didn't say "yo" but basically it wasn't worth it to fix up Lou.  It was kind of a sad day for me.  Despite Lou's aging self with his gas guzzling ways, a lack of sunroof opening, and gas gauge that stopped working two years ago.  I loved that tank.  I loved having 7 extra seats and giant mirrors.  I drove it for 5+ years it had over 150,000 miles on it.  It was a good car.  And I probably most of all will miss NO car payment.  But all good things must end. 
So I went car shopping I had my heart set on a nice newer but not brand new station wagon - like a Volvo or Subaru one with a third seat if it could be found.  Well I found one actually two however at the last minute I was like 'maybe not' so I thought it over.  And at the last second I went with a Honda Civic that get's 35-40 mpg instead and it's more affordable.  Surprisingly while I miss the tank - I already like having the Civic and it's gas efficient ways. 
picasa

2 comments:

thea said...

you know I love a civic! congrats! Will he/she be named?

Anna said...

Nice! I can't wait to go for a ride when the backseat isn't used for quilting stuff.