8.16.2012

Sugar and Carbs

Today I'm giving up sugar and carbs for an "undetermined" duration.  
I might have sinus yeast infection (sounds like fun huh?)
This is fed on by sugar & carbs.
And stirs up my allergies.
Antibiotics hasn't killed this crud yet. 
So I'm giving them up at least until this goes away
To be honest I'm not super excited about it.  
Actually I'm not excited about it at all.   
Nothing says get excited about not having Dr. Pepper.  
I don't mind not having bread - probably 90% of the time we don't have bread here.  
I don't even really care about giving up potatoes, rice, or pasta (maybe a little bit the pasta) But Dr. Pepper - I love him.  
I'd rather have that than lunch any day. 
I don't mind giving up sweets - sure I like ice cream like the rest of the world but who cares.
Dr. Pepper is the hardest.
That's probably exactly why I need this challenge.
You know quit drinking soda for like 3 weeks in April?
Before that I actually quit like 4 times for several years at a time - I was no soda ever.  Never Ever. 
But that doesn't mean I'm excited about this.
Rooster even said he would participate in this - of course he would eat bacon over just about anything else anyhow. 
I didn't even get in one last DP yesterday because they didn't serve it at the restaurant we went to on date night yesterday.
I actually drank 10 glasses of water yesterday - yes 10.  Blah. It's not soda. 
Regardless here goes nothing.  
Goodbye my friend Dr. Pepper. 
PS This was my lunch broccoli and carrots. Oh and an apple - the apple was the highlight of the meal it was like the almost best apple ever.  And I would have traded a million of those apples for 1 Dr. Pepper.

picasa

3 comments:

Mandy Crandell said...

That's crazy! Hope you start feeling better soon. I always felt the same way about Dr. Pepper. I gave up pop for the most part about 2 months ago.

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Anna said...

Just so you know brocali and carrots are also considered carbohydrates. I think you can have chicken and bacon and black beans

Katie said...

that's correct mom they are carbs. However these are the good kind of carbs that are recommended and thus they can be eaten.