8.22.2012

No Carbs & No Sugar Progress

One week down! 
No carbs no sugar is not as hard as I thought I would be (yes I hear myself typing this). Don’t get me wrong. I still want some Dr. Pepper like nobody’s business. NOBODY’S BUSINESS! But I’ve really only cheated three times. To clarify - didn't cutt out carbs completely but rather ones with high content of yeast or starch – a friend of mine sent me a list of “approved” carbs so I didn't gnaw off my arm.  Things like Broccoli, beans, spinach, carrots, etc. I have found it’s hard to fit this diet in when going out to dinner  - how many different versions of salads can a girl eat? It’s also difficult when eating at someone’s house – which may not occur frequently for most people however four times this week I found myself at someone’s house thinking – "I really don’t want to just eat all the carrot sticks on their veggie tray" or "how hospitable is it to only eat the meat only from this lasagna". I have found that I’m not really craving anything except the soda and I think a big part of that is my allergies are still going like crazy so I am just thirsty from that and water isn’t doing it.   As not not sound completely like a complainer some things I found that I like - Almond Milk, Apples & Almond Butter, Black Beans + Peppers + Onion.
The real question is do I feel better? The honest answer is No. The congestion is still very much here.  I still have the need to carry around a Kleenex box all the time - which could be my body riding itself of whatever?  I also seem to just feel blah all day - sometimes it feels as if my head is a giant bobble head and not really my head at all. Another weird thing is I have this weird acne on my forehead? And this is from a girl who maybe gets 1-2 blemishes a month? So we’ll see what happens in week two.  
Onward and upward.
picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long are you doing the no sugar/carbs diet? Have they considered a fungus (I know it sounds gross but maybe they should check)? Sorry you're feeling so bad.

Mandy Crandell said...

Diet changes are never fun. Hope you find some more things you enjoy and get to feeling better soon. :)

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Anna said...

What does the doctor say? Or when do you go back?