8.27.2012

hello new adventues. hello new york.

I traded in my yoga pants and work from home assignment today for a put yourself together project in new york city. I'd like to say I am jumping into this adventure full steam ahead and looking at it for all the opportunities to have, people to meet, places to explore and foods to eat.  But honestly I'm not.  
I didn't want to pack my suitcase yesterday. 
I didn't want to straighten my hair today.  
I didn't want to get out of my track shorts.  
I didn't want to go to the airport this morning.  
I didn't want to get on that plane.  
I just plain didn't want to.
But I did.
Now that I'm here and I'm in the city it's a little easier to embrace this new adventure - the office and hotel are in a great location .  However part of me wishes I was still back in the midwest - like tonight at dinner the service was TERRIBLE and I kept thinking about how just yesterday we had GREAT service at the Grog house back in Indy.  
I need to get myself out of this funk this is my career.  
I LIKE doing this. 
I LIKE new adventures.
I LIKE meeting new people.
I LIKE exploring.  
I will LIKE new york.
This will be good.
It will be.
picasa

3 comments:

Mandy Crandell said...

It will be a great adventure! Just remember that home will be happily waiting for you when you return. :)

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Thanks Mandy! It's still so hard to spend so much time away from home. This is a two year assignment and it's hard to make that adjustment back in the groove.

Anna said...

Hello, Home is where your heart is and this just tells you that your heart is not in New York. FYI, I have never been that impressed with NYC. But I think Chicago is too crowded too. D.C. and Indy I like. Even the Beltway, the Parkways, and I-270S