4.18.2014

Book 33 - 7 An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess


What's that?  Yes I am on a reading roll.  Probably because I have a lot of spare time to myself thru the week with Dustin gone or working late.  But regardless I just finished 7 - An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmarker.  I thought this was a book about purging when I started it.  It's actually not.   
It's actually more a book about fasting from several things that are excess and using that time to draw closer to god.  It was a quick read.  I am not sure I am ready for the 7 month long fasting challenges anytime soon but many of the ideas within the book can be done in smaller chunks so perhaps I will start small.  And it's also still a good reminder on things I need to work on.
I started book 34 the other day "Lean In" by Sheryl Sandberg however I am not enjoying it like I thought I would,  but we'll see how that goes. 

No comments: