4.02.2014

WIP Wednesday - Arrow Quilt

So I know I should probably finish the sushi quilt but I started a new project this week.  I had made the arrow at the Indy Modern Quilt Guild Meeting in March it's not my usual jam but still I decided to somehow add it into a quilt.  PS it's also pieced from the IMQG tear challenge fabrics.  I quickly tossed together three other blocks then ran out of tear challenge fabric. I figured well this must be enough then.  
I dug into my stash for filler.  My initial though was to use a yellow vintage sheet I have but turned out that was yellow and green.  I actually have a very small amount of coordinating prints so I decided to piece scraps together instead.
That's when this started to happen.  
Yep I am using low value scraps and white/cream/gray from assorted projects, sewing them together and then adding them to blocks.  I am really staring to dig how it's turning out. I haven't got decided on the arrangement yet and obviously it desperately needs the iron. But I think it will end up turning out pretty cool in the end.  It's also amazing just how many remanents to mis-cut or leftover white I have. 
As for my other WIPs Sushi quilt on hold, girlfriend Scrapvomit done, table done, baby room painting done except for the baseboards, and purging of course that's on hold too.

1 comment:

thea said...

very nice blocks!