3.15.2013

Book 13 - Detroit A Biography

Detroit - A Biography by Scott Martelle is my book 13.  This is the best book I’ve read since I started the 52 quest granted I haven’t finished 52 yet but by far this one kept my interest. It’s my kind of story – the true kind. Okay so it was sad and depressing, but it still had so much to say. It made me think. This is the story of Detroit pretty much from its first settlers. The history of Detroit is very interesting even before the mass exodus and the city began to decay. It’s surprising to me how soon Detroit starting to decline and how very little was done to stop it. It also takes a serious look at the racial issues that have always burdened Detroit. Anyhow it’s a good read – I would recommend it although it was a slow start. 
 picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I was hoping to be able to read it on kindle, but no luck, yet. Hopefully sometime soon. have a great weekend.