3.21.2013

Book 14 - Catching Fire


After reading Hunger Games which I embarrassingly “liked”, I needed to read the second book right?? So I downloaded Catching Fire – by Suzanne Collins. Catching Fire being the second novel of the Hunger Games trilogy, it’s the continuation of Katniss Everdeen’s story of defiance against the capital. I’m not entirely sure why but parts of this book really got on my nerves but other parts kept my attention. I was kind of annoyed at Katniss’s “stupidity” and “ignorance” that seems to be more prevalent in this book then in the first and it’s annoying me. It’s like the powerful, fearless girl from before is replaced by a sissy. It did make me excited for the second movie. It also left me hanging a bit so obviously I’m going to need to read the last book now, but first I’m reading something else .  So just for the record if you read the first book you might as well go ahead and read the second and third ones - otherwise avoid the embarrassment ;)
 picasa

1 comment:

thea said...

I liked the books too. Somethings I didn't like but that's okay.